WE HAD TO CANCEL THIS EVENT DUE TO THE LACK OF PERFORMERS. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE AND WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO HAD ALREADY VOLUNTEERED THEIR TIME FOR THE EVENT!!
Adults and youth, we want to see your acts on stage! Audition for the Shelby County Public Library’s first “Shelby’s Got Talent” this March. Two rounds of auditions for “Shelby’s Got Talent” will be held at the library on Sat., March 14 and Sat., March 21.
Fill out an application and set-up an appointment time to tryout through the library at 317-398-8144. We are looking for a variety of unique acts.
There is a $15 application fee. This money will benefit the Shelby County Public Library’s Carnegie East Wing renovation fund. A first prize of $100 and a second prize of $50 will be awarded to the top youth and adult acts. Winners will also receive trophies. We hope for this to become an annual event!
MORE INFO THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- Please check the Strand Theatre's guidelines of what is and is not permissible.
- Acts will be allotted no more than FIVE MINUTES to perform.
- Singers must perform in groups of four or more --so Shelby's Got Talent does not compete with Shelby Idol.
- Due to the show's time constraints, we cannot accept rock groups or bands which would require multiple electrical instruments to be set-up and torn down.
- Judges for the tryouts, the Semi-Final Round, and Finals will all be from outside the library's staff.
- If your act requires recorded music, the Strand's preferred format is CD. They can also accept the song as a MP3. You can bring the music on an iPOD/iTOUCH if you provide the device. They will NOT accept music on phones. If you turn in a CD, please make sure that it is labeled with the group member's name and the name of the song.
- Mark Steenbarger will be the MC for the Semi-Final Round and Finals.
- Judges will score based on "Overall Performance (1-20); Stage Appearance (1-10); Originality (1-10); Personality (1-10)"