- In order to use the eIndiana service, a user must have a library card from a participating library, which is in good standing (less than $10 in fines). they may also need a PIN for their library card (determined by each member library).
- Only residents, PLAC patron, or patrons who have purchased a non-resident card from a participating library may use the eIndiana service. Reciprocal borrowers, students, and computer usage cards may not use the service at this time.
- Each user may check out three titles at a time on their library card.
- Loan duration is seven or 14 days, selected by the user at the time of checkout. The item file will automatically expire at the end oftheir loan period. The item will be deactivated. The user should manually delete the item from their device.
- Items may not be renewed in the eIndiana site, but there is not a limit on how many times an item may be checked out by the same user.
- Each user may have three active holds on their card at a time.
- Each user has three days to checkout their hold once it becomes available.
Patrons with a valid library card can download eBooks and digital audiobooks to a PC, Mac®, and many mobile devices. Users will need to install free software.
- For audiobooks and video:
OverDrive® Media Console™.
- To read eBooks, users will need Adobe® Digital Editions.
Titles can be enjoyed immediately or transferred to a variety of devices, including iPod®, Sony® Reader™, and many others. Some audio titles can also be burned to CD to listen on-the-go. Titles will automatically expire at the end of the lending period. There are no late fees!
Public Domain eBooks
Public Domain eBooks are also available for download. They are only available in the eBook format (not in audiobook format). Here are some basics:
- This is a separate collection of eBooks from the main OverDrive collection.
- The collection contains over 15,000 titles.
- Patrons do NOT need to sign in to download the titles.
- When a patron hovers over a book cover, the available metadata displays to them.
- Checkouts from the collection do not count against your regular checkout/ lending options.
- Titles act like Always Available titles so there are unlimited simultaneous downloads but downloads do not expire.
- The collection of eBooks also uses the Adobe Digital Editions software your patrons are currently using.