Any resident of Shelby County can obtain a library card for FREE. If you live outside of Shelby County, you may choose to get a non-residential card or a Public Library Access Card (PLAC). Learn how you can get a new library card.
Library card holders are assigned a unique barcode enabling borrowers to use the computer labs, reserve and access their account online, and check out materials at the main library, the Mobile Library, and any other Evergreen Library. (complete listing of Evergreen Libraries)
- Patrons may check out up to 10 DVDs and 10 videos
- Most items may only be renewed once
- Pre-overdue notices will be emailed to patrons with valid email accounts three days prior to the due date.
- Overdue fines for all materials will be calculated at $.25 per day, per item with a $10.00 cap per item
- A $10.00 per item nonrefundable processing fee will be charged for lost items in addition to item replacement costs and any applicable collection fees.
- The library will no longer issue refunds for lost items that have been paid for and later returned.
- Fines may not exceed $10.00 to check out; the library will no longer accept percentage payments on fines in order to check out.